Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Started the afternoon by heading to the fireworks stand and getting my best laugh of thd day when Jakob asked the man at the counter for Dynamite;)...a little too much red dead redemption I guess. We started selecting individual items but ended up going with the big party pack because it looked like you would get more for your money.

Fireworks-CHECK!

we headed to the Wallace Lake Dam in Shreveport, Louisiana for our fireworks fun. I also took my gun and fired off a round..Jakob had never seen someone fire a real firearm, and you could tell he didn't realize it would be so loud.

Last year Jakob was all about lighting everything, this year, he didn't want to light anything..he wanted me to put on the whole display. It was very windy out by the lake and lighting those fireworks was a real challenge, I had one little lighter and could never really tell if I was running out of lighter fluid or if it was just too windy to keep a good flame on the lighter so I started a small fire, and lowered each one's fuse just low enough to ignite it and after it was lit I would sit it on flat rock. No wonder Jakob kept running away from the scene, sometimes the lit fuse was so short that as I slapped the fireworks down on that rock it would fall over and start shooting flaming balls straight at us....that was actually pretty fun hahaha

We went home, and on the way I started receiving texts from Erica. Then her mom, Linda called me asking if I would mind bringing him by sometime during the weekend.The way it was adding up it looked as if Erica wanted her mom to watch Jakob, while we went out for new years ever....long story short-she stood me up,again- but did text me to say she was just in a bad mood and didn't want to ruin my day, so she decided she was just going to go out for a mimosa with her mom...
She's full of stories.

I asked Jakob what he wanted to do for the rest of the night and gave him a few options like Movies, Bowling, Skating etc. and he chose Skating. By this time I had a few drinks in me and figured I should call a cab, so we jumped in a taxi and headed to Hot Wheels skating palace at 3000 Old Minden road in Bossier City. They were having an all night skate and it was fifteen dollars each just to get in the door. We rolled around the rink one time and nearly killed each other and a few other skaters...Roller Skating is not like riding a bike,It doesn't just come back to you. I used to be a decent skater, this was painful and with a packed floor full of teenagers, laughing their ass off at you, I decided Jakob and I should stick to the game room.

I knew it was new years eve and Taxi's would be hard to come by. I was right. None of the taxi's we called ever showed up. We waited for hours. We decided to start walking home at 3am. Thankfully, it wasn't too cold. I tried and tried to hail taxi's from Airline drive to Barksdale blvd...to no avail...Then the cops came..

Me and a 5 year old...Bossier City PD. This was weird..this was awkward. They asked a bunch of questions about what was going on at 3am and if Jakob was my son..They offered us a ride home..we jumped in the back of the Police Cruiser and it was the tightest space you have ever seen in your life..very cramped, but they took us home! Happy New year.

No comments: